Cheers to all of us thieves!!!
Funky Twenty-Five Meme
Funky Twenty-Five Meme
1. Most unflattering hairstyle you ever had? What made it so unflattering? probably when I was little… the short all over, but the long wispy strands in the back… blech!
2. Favorite movie(s) that were made in the 90’s? Pretty Woman
3. Do you rent movies? If so, from where? I do, from Family Video or Redbox
4. Do you like cookies better when they’re just out of the oven or after they’ve cooled? fresh out of the oven
5. Do you still talk to the person who gave you your first kiss? no
6. Did you go to pre-school? If so, what was the name of it? I did, not sure of the exact name, but it was in Sparta, MI
7. How do you take your coffee? I don’t
8. Do you like fuzzy things? I guess I do
9. Favorite kind of chocolate? milk chocolate
10. Are you more optimistic or pessimistic? optimist
11. What about peopleofwalmart.com? Do you think the site is mean, funny, or both? OMG… I think its hilarious! At first I thought they were made up pics, until I saw some crazy ones in the Walmart I go to!
12. Do you like fat sandwiches? If so, what does your favorite one have on it? I do not
13. One restaurant you’d never been to but would like to go to? PF Changs
15. What’s your favorite pattern for clothing (stripes, plaid, etc.)? plaid I guess
16. What’s your age backwards? 74
17. When you see typos in a survey, do you correct them? it depends
18. When was your last vacation? Did you go someplace special? New York. I went with my hubby and youngest son. Its been a few years, need to start planning my next vacation with just my hubby!
19. What’s your favorite kind of pancakes? blueberry
20. Do you like movies with computer graphics, like Avatar? some I do, I didn’t like Avatar though
21. Do you know how to sew? a little….I would love to be able to sew well enough to make me some clothes.
22. Are you good at wrapping gifts? no, I really don’t like wrapping… I prefer gift bags
23. Do you like flavored yogurt? I do… my new favorite is Pineapple Upside Down Cake from Yoplait
24. How old will you be in December of 2015? the same age as I am now only a few months older
25. What’s the age difference between you and your siblings? 2 yrs between the first one, 5 between the next and 7 between the last (I am the oldest)
Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we’ve committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do “random questions,” so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don’t have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today’s meme!
Unfamiliar with this week’s tune? Hear it here.
1) This is the theme from the TV show that originally ran from 1968 to 1980 and is on now again with a new cast. Were you/are you a fan? I did watch the original show (not from the beginning, towards the end. I have yet to see the new version. I may have to binge watch if its on Netflix.
2) On both shows, Five-O is an elite police task force led by Det. Lt. Steve McGarrett. Who is your favorite TV cop? Erin Lindsay (Sophia Bush) from Chicago P.D.
3) On both shows, the part of Danny “Danno” Williams was played by a second generation performer. (James MacArthur was the son of Broadway legend Helen Hayes; Scott Caan is the son of movie actor James Caan.) If you followed one of your parents into their chosen profession, what would you be doing? I would be a cosmetologist
4) Both shows are filmed in Hawaii, the boyhood home of President Obama. Have any of our 44 Presidents hailed from your state? Gerald R. Ford
5) Kona coffee is made from beans cultivated on the Big Island of Hawaii. Are you a big coffee drinker? nope
6) This week’s song was written by the late Morton Stevens. In addition to composing for TV shows, he was the musical director for a group of entertainers known in the 60s as “The Rat Pack.” Can you name any “Rat Pack” members? I can not
7) This week’s featured band, The Ventures, began when Don Wilson purchased a used car from Bob Bogle. During negotiations, they discovered a shared passion for playing guitar. Did you buy your current ride new or used? Did the negotiations go smoothly? Used, and it went smoothly.
8) The year this song was popular, 1969, is when Donald and Doris Fisher opened a San Francisco clothing store called The Gap. Today there are more than 3,200 Gap locations. Do you shop at The Gap or gap.com? I do not.
9) Random question: What’s on your Saturday to-do list? shower, errands: get things for my craft room, rearrange in there with the new desk/table I am hoping to find or make, do some light cleaning in the house, make dinner and veg for the night with the hubby.
I have been looking at short hairstyles on Pinterest for some time now. I have so many pinned, and they all look alike, just styled several different ways. Usually when I get in the chair, I chicken out and just get it cut the same old way. But not today! I was so glad that my favorite hair gal is back from Florida. I had all of the photos of the styles saved on my phone, and flipped through them, saying what I liked about each of them and told her to have at it!
I see that my friend Danielle just wrote up a post about making a change in her hairstyle as well. And linked up with this hair tutorial from A Cup Full of Sass, with exactly how I have been wanting to do my hair as well!
So now I need to go out and get some “Big Sexy Hair” products!
Food 4 Thought Friday!
A little feast without the calories!!
Feel free to play along for some yummy fun! I will post a new one each Thursday night. JOIN IN!!!
Breakfast ~ Where do you most want to travel, but have never been?
Lunch ~ Metaphorically speaking, what is the most important tool in your tool box?
Dinner ~ If you could be anybody besides yourself for one day who would you be?
Midnight Snack ~ Name something nice someone did for you today and something nice you did for someone else.
Recipe of the Week ~ (instead of your recipe for life what is it just for the week?)
Breakfast ~ Where do you most want to travel, but have never been? I have two places…. Hawaii and Italy.
Lunch ~ Metaphorically speaking, what is the most important tool in your tool box? Compassion
Dinner ~ If you could be anybody besides yourself for one day who would you be? Oh man, tough one… Reese Witherspoon or Sandra Bullock.
Midnight Snack ~ Name something nice someone did for you today and something nice you did for someone else. My favorite hair gave me a new “do”….. as for me doing something nice, nothing so far… I guess making a nice meal for my hubby tonight will be it…. I haven’t cooked all week.
Recipe of the Week ~ (instead of your recipe for life what is it just for the week?) For just this week… its ok to be a little snarky…. or at least I keep telling myself that its ok.
For Today… April 20th, 2015
Outside my window… Its gray overcast and drizzling. I want to go back to Southern Ohio to where things were sunny, green and blooming everywhere!!
I am thinking… that I need to make an appointment to get get a pedicure. I know that I can do my own nails, but I need a little TLC of a pedicure spa.
I am thankful… that this weekend didn’t end on a sad note. My friends brother inlaw, who was very sick last week, made a complete recovery and is now home from the hospital.
I am wearing… a gray hoodie and black yoga pants
I am creating… I am still working on the same crochet projects.
I am going… to do some baking today
I am wondering… why some people can be so blind, or be snowed over with things! One by one..slowly they start to open their eyes and see the real truth.
I am reading… right now, I am not reading anything.
I am hoping… that it really doesn’t snow this week
I am learning… Still learning the keyboard
In my garden… I have flowers blooming… guess I had planted some tulip bulbs in the past. These haven’t sprouted in the last few years! Weird! I need to get out there and do some weeding and figure out what I want to do in there.
In my kitchen… Menu for the week:
Monday ~ spaghetti, garlic bread and salad
Tuesday ~ ham and egg bake
Wednesday ~ Pizza
Thursday ~ leftovers
Friday ~ burgers, tater salad and macaroni salad
Saturday ~ steak, baked potato and a salad
One of my favorite things… New car fresheners. I love getting into my car after it has sat for a few days and its filled with whatever freshener I have in there. Right now its green apple! Yum!
A few plans for the rest of the week:
Monday ~ grocery shopping, laundry, housework
Tuesday ~ breakfast plans with a couple of friends, then off to the movies with my youngest for his birthday
Wednesday ~ work
Thursday ~ work
Friday ~ grocery shopping,
Saturday ~ working around the house and spending time with my hubby
Sunday ~ church and home to veg
From the board room…I am going through a scarf and maxi skirts phase. I love this one, from my Cute clothes, shoes, accesories board