Cheers to all of us thieves!!!
The Have You Ever Meme
FOR TODAY ~ December 15, 2014
Outside my window… Its gloomy and drizzly out. The temps for today are nearing 50, which is rare for this time of year, but I will take it over snow any day!!!
I am thinking… about all the wrapping I have to do.
I am thankful… for quiet mornings and hot cocoa
In the kitchen… I will be making peanut blossoms later today
I am wearing… jeans, a purple tank top and a hoodie
I am creating… a few hats, then back to whipping out some ornaments to go with the gift cards for relatives.
I am going… to the car dealer to get the recall fixed on my hubby’s car, then the store to get a mailer, then the post office then the yarn store to pick up a skein and a zipper to finish off a hat
I am wondering… about lots of things
I am reading… still nothing
I am hoping… that my hubby gets a decent bonus this year, so we can get carpent for the living room!
I am looking forward to… the time off my hubby is taking after Christmas
I am learning… that my pup is a spaz when it comes to stuffed toys
Around the house… its beginning to look like Christmas
I am pondering… whether or not I should go back to school; the job situation isn’t panning out right now, so maybe a career change (late in life) my be my next step.
A favorite quote for today… Anyone can make you smile. many people can make you cry, but it takes someone really special to make you smile with tears in your eyes.
A few plans for the rest of the week: working on the last few hat orders of the year, shopping and dinner with a few friends, and baking
The Have You Ever Meme
1) Have you ever gotten lost in a maze? no
2) Have you ever been attacked by a wild animal? no
3) Have you ever ridden a camel? I have
4) Have you ever pet a rat? Ewwww NO
5) Have you ever been a member of a gym? yes
6) Have you ever been in a helicopter? no, but I would like to
7) Have you ever cheated at a test? yes
8) Have you ever ridden a tractor? yes
9) Have you ever passed wind/gas in an embarrassing situation? yes
10) Have you ever played the bongos? no
11) Have you ever handled a snake? no
12) Have you ever assembled furniture by yourself? yes
13) Have you ever been scuba diving? no
14) Have you ever had a disastrous interview? yes
15) Have you ever sold your services? yes…..things I knit/crochet
16) Have you ever raised money for charity? yes
17) Have you ever won a giant sized cuddly toy from a fair? no
18) Have you ever milked a cow? yes
19) Have you ever used the phrase “back in my time” to someone younger than you? yes
20) Have you ever invented a fairly unique meal or drink? no
Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we’ve committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do “random questions,” so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don’t have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today’s meme!
Saturday 9: Feliz Navidad (1970)
Unfamiliar with this week’s song? Hear it here.
1. “Feliz Navidad” is Spanish for “Merry Christmas.” Can you wish us happy holidays in a language other than English or Spanish? Buon Natale – (Italian)
2. According to ASCAP (the American Association of Composers, Authors and Publishers), this is one of the 20 most played holiday songs of the last 10 years. What’s the most recent carol that you heard? Santa Claus is Coming to Town
3. Which Christmas song do you hope you never hear again? I love all Christmas songs, just don’t want to hear them before Thanksgiving!
4. This week’s featured artist, Jose Feliciano, was honored to perform this song at the tree lighting ceremony at the Kennedy Center in Washington, DC. If you were to win a trip to our nation’s capital, which sites would you visit? The Vietnam Wall, Washinton Monument, Lincoln Memorial, Holocaust Museum, Unknown Soldier tomb
5. As a very young child, Jose taught himself to play the accordion. If you could suddenly, easily learn to play any instrument, which would you choose? piano
6. Jose says that hearing early 1950s rock on the radio made him want to become a singer. What’s your favorite music genre? The 80″s
7. At 17, Jose had to drop out of school to help support his family. Too young to enter bars, he played guitar in coffee houses for tips. Have you ever worked a job where you regularly received gratuities? no
8. Jose and wife Susan have been together for more than 40 years. Who is the happiest married couple you know? me and my hubby of course!
9. Jose wrote and performed the theme of the 1970s show, Chico and the Man. What’s your current favorite TV show? There are too many to list! I guess as this very moment… Blue Bloods (as I am watching last night’s episode right now)
It’s Friday blog hop time over at Feeling Beachie!!! Join in the fun by clicking here to go to Hilary’s blog, sign up and join in the fun by including the statements and your answers on your blog. It is easy and fun and a great way to meet folks. If you want—just leave your answers in the comments below, too!
1. I can’t believe ____
2. ___ is my favorite ____
3. If I could _____ I would be _____
4. December is _____
1. I can’t believe Christmas is 12 days away!!
2. Purple is my favorite color
3. If I could come up with the financing I would be open my own yarn/cafe store!
4. December is a very stressful month for me!
Now that John has finished messing around and rebuilding his amp he has mentioned that he wants a tascam dr-40 so he can do some recording of some of his music. I may have the boys go in on this and get it for him, then I can get the other things that I told the boys to get (that they wanted me to go pick out and then just repay me.)
Now to figure out the funding of the rest of the Christmas gifts. I hate this time of year, it seems like everything gets backed up! I say every year that I am going to set aside money each month so I don’t get this sinking feeling, but I never do! I need to start doing this!!